Monday, December 26, 2005

Back To Normal

Our house is getting back to normal this morning. MIL was off quite early. I put her in a taxi and tipped the driver generously to treat her well. It was dark and chilly this morning and now I don't have to deal with morning rush traffic after dropping her off at the airport.

Son got out of bed to say goodbye to Grandma, after I made him, so that was taken care of for the goodbyes.

I don't mind visitors staying in the house but it sure is good to get the house back. A charity truck is scheduled to come by on the 30th so I am planning to clean out some closets and put what we don't need anymore to good use. Two birds with one stone, you know.

We went to see "The Producers" yesterday afternoon. It was so funny and we all enjoyed it. We set out to see "The Geisha" but it was sold out. I never realized so many people went to the movies on Christmas Day. It was the first time I ever had and it was amazing with the crowds. Who knew?!

My small standing rib roast came out really well. Surprised me! A little rare on the inside like MIL and son like it and well done on the ends like I like it. No complaints. Served steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with it and it was plenty. Ice cream with toppings for dessert. Keepin' it simple.

And now I have some laundry to catch up on. :)

3 comments:

Sheri & SuZan said...

I am looking forward to seeing both of those movies. Don't know when things are going to get back to normal but I am starting to de-Christmas the house today and tomorrow.....sigh.

Glad ya'll had a wonderful Christmas Karen.

YellowRose said...

We have gone to the movies on Christmas for years....it's always crowded! I can't wait to see both those movies. I received the book The Geisha in my stocking....debating if I want to read it or see the movie first.

Sounds like you had a wonderful Merry Christmas. I wish you and yours nothing but Love, Joy and Peace in the New Year!

srp said...

It does sound like you had a great time. Simple is better. I do not look forward to the job of putting the decorations away. Nyssa still has to wrap a few presents and get them in the mail, late is better than never.
We went to see "The Lion King" broadway show last night (Tues). The costuming was outstanding.