Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas, Y'all

Merry, Merry Christmas to all! A little chilly this morning but the weather this holiday is beautiful. The temps are in the mid 70's and the sun is shining. Feels good.

Hubby e-mails of a white Christmas in the "Stan" country. Not surprised there! Much coldness there.

I believe we started a new family tradition last night. Son, MIL, and I joined an old friend and her son at a local dinner theatre for dinner and the Christmas musical extravaganza. It was truly wonderful. They began with 40's music, which was right up MIL's alley - think Bing Crosby and Gershwin music - then they did a salute to the military. They did songs for each of the 4 branches of the military and asked the veterans to stand and be acknowledged. Then the finale was all Christmas music. It was a fun mix and just really fun. Good company and good fun with good entertainment. No complaints.

Son and MIL loved "King Kong" big time. We may go to a movie later today. I am cooking a small standing rib roast for our Christmas meal, then we may feel like going out. MIL leaves early in the morning so I'll be hitting the hay early myself.

I wish all the best to all of you. Onward to a great New Year!


"This is how God showed His love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him."
1 John 4:9 NIV This is the Christmas thought on the Christmas cards I sent out this year.

1 comment:

srp said...

Glad you had a good day. We started with church, my brother sang beautifully as always and then we had breakfast, did the presents and made supper. Now that we have consumed more than our usual for two days at least, we are all (including the animals) lounging blissfully. I don't even care if my spelling is ok, this is how lazy I feel right now. ;)