Love your pets this holiday season. In today's Houston Chronicle there is a list of five big no-no's that you may think are treats but are not. They could result in death.
1. Raisins. Can cause kidney failure.
2. Macadamia nuts. Bad news for the doggies.
3. Chocolate. I think most people know this, but worth repeating. The darker the chocolate, the worse it is for your pet.
4. Yeast dough. Raw dough can rupture a pet's digestive system.
5. Artificial sweetener. Triggers an insulin release, leads to low sugar levels and liver failure.
Your four-legged family members depend on you. Let's be careful out there.