Monday, August 08, 2011

The Beatles Abbey Road Photo Shoot

Forty-two years ago today, an iconic photo was shot for an album of the latest Beatles songs. Any Baby Boomer worth his or her salt instantly recognizes the cover shot of the Abbey Road album.

I think it is my favorite album by The Beatles.

Forty years. Wow. We sure are moving along life's path. Lots of days I don't feel much older than that summer - in 1969 I was an incoming high school freshman. An anxious summer, excitment for high school yet apprehensive about my venture into life in an all girls Catholic school. Until then, I was a product of public school education in Shreveport, Louisiana and I was on the verge of a whole new experience. Nuns in habits and all that.

I'm not Catholic.

Looking back now, at that time my husband was a member of the U.S. Air Force stationed in Taiwan during the Vietnam war. A favorite of his from those days was Jim Morrison and The Doors. Gritty. Guy music. We would not meet for many years yet.

Funny where we all end up.

HERE is a video of the photo shoot:



Enjoy a little trip down memory lane.

No comments: