Monday, June 12, 2006

Sweet Nothings

Today's brew: Seattle's Best, Bistro Blend.

I am watching a press conference with Gen. Caldwell in Iraq about the death of Zarqawi. The American press is unbelievable. "Was there evidence he was beaten before his body was taken away?" Because, you know, the military are just thugs. "Are Muslim burial rights being made available to his family?" Yes, President Bush asked that he be treated in respectful manner when the announcement of his death was made Friday. Unlike the manner in which Zarqawi treated his victims. A box of heads from beheadings was found recently in an area frequented by Zarqawi.

I guess they would have preferred the soldiers hold Zarqawi's hand and whisper sweet nothings into is ear. Idiots.

The Dixie Chicks are cancelling their concert here in August. Sales for their tour are way low and many venues are being cancelled or "re-worked" as their publicist says. The new album is doing very well. What does this say? Shut up and sing.

I bought Max the dog a new collar yesterday at Target. It's red to match his leash. The collar has two silver sparkly stripes around it. I think he looks very spiffy. Our son says it's a little too Liza Minelli for a boy dog.

Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Hi, Karen,
When I don't watch the news, I know I can come to your blog and catch up and get some good insights as well. I appreciate your take on stuff...you say it well. :-)
I love your post about your friend. It's wonderful to reconnect with an old friend.

srp said...

I decided today that whoever is in charge of letting reporters in at the white house or giving out information should give it to FOX news first. At least they would stand a chance of having it reported in a fair way. ALL the other news networks don't rate the word "news" in my book, more like "opinion" networks. They spin so much I'm surprised they can keep from falling down being so dizzy.

Red collar with silver reflective stripes? Sounds very safety oriented and red is good on dogs. Hey, the vet gave Max a "Hello Kitty" bandana after his grooming. Now that is a bit insulting... but I'm not sure if it is an insult for Max or the cats. :)

Sheri & SuZan said...

The press! Uggg

Dixi Chicks: If I go to a concert, I want to hear the music. If you want to voice your political opinion, go the the national convention.

Doggies got some new bling...oh yeah! :)