Monday, April 11, 2011

Obama Whines About Lack of Privacy

Speaker of the House Boehner gave his first interview since successfully negotiating a budget deal Monday morning with Fox News. He appropriately sang the praises of the Tea Party freshmen and thanked them for allowing the Republicans to achieve a majority in the House with their victories at the polls. "If it weren't for our freshmen Republicans, this government would be spending $100 billion more over the balance of this year." "We wouldn't be in the majority" without them.

While some in the Tea Party will never be happy unless all of their immediate demands are made, this should send a clear message that they are appreciated and acknowledged for their contributions to the process. Politics takes time and the Tea Party folks will have to learn to be a bit patient, especially while the Democrats continue to control the Senate and White House.

This week brings a speech from the President on deficit reduction - better late than never, I suppose. And there is an upcoming battle looming over a vote to raise the debt ceiling. Of that Boehner said, "We don't want to default on our debt, we should not default on our debt." However, Boehner said the Republicans will not simply roll over as usual to increase the debt ceiling. Boehner encouraged the President to join with Republicans to work on getting spending under control. "Mr. President, lock arms with me. Let's jump out of the boat together. Forget about the next election."

So, while this president whines about not having much of a private life in the White House, House Republicans are hard at work solving our economic difficulties.

"I just miss -- I miss being anonymous," he said. "I miss Saturday morning, rolling out of bed, not shaving, getting into my car with my girls, driving to the supermarket, squeezing the fruit, getting my car washed, taking walks. I can't take a walk." "I just want to go through Central Park and watch folks passing by ... spend the day watching people. I miss that," he said

Obama was from Chicago, not NYC, so I'm not sure where all the Central Park babble comes from. But, hey, we'll be happy to oblige, Mr. President. Come November 2012, we'd love for you to have your private life back - as an ex-President and regular citizen again.

No comments: