Thursday, October 06, 2005

Hubby on the Road

Hubby just called from the Beaumont, TX area. He is on his way to the central Louisiana coast to catch a helicopter to an oil rig. He was calling to say how surprised he was with his gut reaction to the damage from the recent hurricane. All the signs on the road are gone and this was his first clue he was approaching the beginnings of the damaged area. Soon he will be in the area of Cameron and I reminded him it is gone now. He hasn't forgotten the hurricane, of course, I think he was just surprised with his personal reaction. He says it is like a sock in the gut.

This road trip will be an eye-opener for him.

3 comments:

Sheri & SuZan said...

No kidding...he should take a few pictures too.

Karen Townsend said...

I'm sure he will! He always has his digital handy! Thanks for stopping by.

Marybeth said...

I've been wanting to take a trip down there myself...but I'm not sure how the gas situation is as I travel south. It's tough enough to find gas here.