Saturday, October 01, 2005

Sunny and Saturday

So far, so good today. Got up early for a Saturday so I could take a shower and get presentable before waking up son. He and his girlfriend plus her mother and younger brother have gone to the Texas Renaissance Fair. This is an annual event in Plantersville, TX and quite a big deal for those who enjoy this kind of entertainment. It's lots of fun for all ages. Son and girlfriend dressed up for it this year. I am so happy he has a girlfriend that gets his sense of humor and free spirit! This is the first weekend for the festival - it runs through Nov. 20, so they are taking advantage of opening weekend discounted entrance ticket prices. And it is a sunny day. Usually in October it is raining and muddy on the weekends. I'm sure a good time will be had by all.

Hubby and I took the opportunity to have lunch together like adults and went to Cantina Laredo for a fine meal. So much food, though, we had to bring some home to eat later! They make the best guacamole prepared tableside. I could make a meal out of that stuff. Next we stopped off at Whole Foods to browse and pick up a few things. Bought a leg of lamb to cook tomorrow. Hubby and son love lamb.

Saturday with hubby is good.

1 comment:

Sheri & SuZan said...

Can you believe that I have never been to the Renaissance Festival? I think I'm fairly close to it too...blush