Saturday, September 02, 2006

Celebrate

Today we are celebrating our son's 17th birthday. We were up early around here to get the day's activities started. I gulped a cup of java and went to the bakery for son's birthday cake. He was up by the time I returned home. I lit the cool candles that spell out the words happy birthday and we sang the birthday song. Son made his wish, blew out the candles and we proceeded to enjoy the breakfast of champions, double chocolate fudge cake. Yes!

Son and hubby have left now and are on the way to pick up Abu Danny. He is still in town as he needs more training time. Son and hubby are taking him to NASA today. It'll be a fun birthday treat and a good trip for a guest in our city. Later tonight hubby and I will take son out eat.

Today another visitor to NASA will be Flat Stanley. If you've had a child in school, you know Flat Stanley. Our son did the project in the second grade. This Flat Stanley comes to us from Cranston, R.I. and the family of a fellow blogger. I volunteered to be the Texas stop for Stanley for Chris, at Two Babes and a Brain blog. I hope hubby can snap a fun shot of Stanley and Abu Danny together today.

I think Chris' three children, Jacob, Zachary and Kaileigh will enjoy learning about Texas and Stanley's Houston visit. Stanley is the vehicle Chris is using to teach her kids about living in other states and letter writing. They each wrote a letter to send with Stanley to introduce themselves, besides Chris' letter of introduction. They enclosed photos of themselves and a yummy lemonade mix that is famous in Rhode Island.

So, happy birthday to my baby boy. After 22 hours of labor, he arrived on Labor Day weekend and we have been blessed to have him in our lives since.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow. I'd say he entered this world on an appropriately named holiday weekend!

The breakfast of champions, indeed.

Happy birthday to your baby boy! Here's to a year full of wishes fulfilled.

Me said...

Our Flat Stanley went to California from Minnesota.

Happy Birthday kiddo! 17 was the best year EVER for me. It's always been my favorite out of all 36 of them. :)

srp said...

Long LABOR on LABOR day.... a not so subtle way of introducing you to the labor of a lifetime.... motherhood!

Hey, I'd take angel food cake with fluffy white frosting for breakfast anytime.

Happy Birthday to your baby boy! I bet he will get tired of hearing that, at least the "baby boy" part, by the end of the day!

Sheri & SuZan said...

Happy Birthday Young Man!!!

17 is wonderful...mine is loving it!

How appropriate that he was born on Labor Day...bwahahahahahaa! 22 hours of labor O.M.G.!