Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Fido Dines Out

A Houston City Councilman is readying a resolution that would allow dogs to accompany their masters on patio sections of restaurants. Yes, that's right. Dining with other peoples' dogs. I think surely there must be something a little more important to take up City Council time. Americans take being spoiled to new heights. We are not France. We are America. Let the Europeans show how terribly sophisticated they are by carrying around their little fou fou doggies and letting big dogs sit by the table. I'll pass.

I told you the outcries about the newest story of 9/11 would be coming. Today we hear the indignation and demands that ABC pull the movie. It is a two part movie about what led up to that horrific day. This movie is a little different, though, as it names names, points fingers and lays blame on actual people. No sugar coating. And, before you ask, yes, both Clinton and President Bush's administrations are blamed. President Bush was only in office for 8 months, however, so the Clinton folks are blamed more than the Bush folks. Makes sense, doesn't it, when you compare 8 years to 8 months? The first attack on the World Trade Center was in 1993, after all. As I mentioned before, this movie was screened recently in D.C. and the Clintonistas were all out of whack. Too bad is what I say. Don't watch it if your wringing your hands over it. And of course the fact that a more conservative filmmaker made the movie is burning their butts, too. Hollywood's idea of conservative might be a little different than my idea, though. I'll be watching and form my own opinion, thank you.

The Discovery Channel has been showing 9/11 related stories this week. I'm sure they will up to the anniversary. Last night was about the health issues for the firefighters who worked at the site. It was a big ole blame Bush thing, but that's to be expected. Like anyone had ever handled that kind of disaster before and had all the answers for everyone. It's all tragic, to be sure. Blaming one man or Christy Whitman who headed EPA at the time sounds a bit over the top.

Did you catch the Katie Show last night? I haven't watched the evening network news in years but did last night to check her out. Won't be watching anymore. It's like Entertainment Tonight meets the liberal elites. We got a story by Lara Logan who was embedded with the Taliban in Afghanistan, yes, that's right. Did she tell our soldiers about their location when she was finished with her story? Then there was TomKat's baby photo. And the new segment allowing people to do a 90 second commentary. Last night was movie maker Morgan Spurlock. And Katie interviewed Thomas Friedman so he could bash the administration over Iraq. So we got the full circle of liberal world. The timeline of CBS telling opinions and pushing agendas instead of reporting just the facts, Jack, continues. Walter Cronkite, Dan Rather, Katie. Bleech.

My guys are going to the first Scouts meeting tonight. Son's last year of Scouts. At the end of this school year he has to be done with the requirements of Eagle rank. He's turned 17 now and the cut off for meeting the deadline of doing the Eagle project is the age of 18. I spoke to the Scoutmaster last night, as he called to remind us of the meeting, and mentioned all that to him to refresh his memory. It's a small troop and some of the guys younger seem to get a little differential treatment. I try not to say anything. The Scoutmaster's son is a year younger than my son and he did his Eagle project summer before last and to top it off, it was a lame and too easy project. Oh well. We'll see how it all goes. They are voting tonight to determine if they'll go camping this weekend or the weekend of the 232rd. They wil be doing the water skiing badge work.

Sweet.

2 comments:

Me said...

The whole dog issue is BS. ANY dog when put in a situation around strangers and FOOD is an accident waiting to happen.

Plus... dude, it's just GROSS! I really don't want to have my neighbors dog POOP right next me while I'm dining out on the patio... and I don't want the patio dining to ONLY be available to people with dogs.

srp said...

It was hard enough to get through a dinner out with Nyssa when she was little. At least that was good training for her in how to act in public. I wouldn't enjoy a meal with my dog... actually I couldn't have a meal with my dog, Max would eat my meal.