Friday, August 26, 2005

It's Friday! Sweet!

This has been one long week. The heat is wearing me out. Today is suppose to be a high of 97!

Hubby is out on an oil drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico for a couple of weeks doing his thing. I am hoping it isn't longer than that as he and son are signed up for a weekend campout with the scouts to do the Order of the Arrow ordeal. The OA thing is an honor that the troop votes on to bestow to scouts and leaders and both of my guys were honored with it this year. Son is rapidly approaching Eagle Scout in rank and hubby is enjoying being a part of the adult leadership.

Back in the day, hubby was a world class spelunker (cave explorer!). He grew up in southern Indiana and the area is rich in caves. This was his favorite weekend activity as a teenager. He invented a repelling technique that is written up in books and presented a paper at a national forum while still in high school. He loves the outdoor life. He also repelled the deepest cave in the world, in Mexico, as a young man. Son, however, does not have the same enthusiasm for the great outdoors. He likes it, but doesn't love it, if you know what I mean ( and I think you do!). I am the exact opposite as I hate camping. I never go. Hubby likes to say my idea of roughing it is a hotel without room service! Yeah, that's funny.

Hoping the best for Florida this weekend with hurricane Katrina.

2 comments:

Karen Townsend said...

You dog, you!

Me said...

You have a very interesting husband! Cool. :)