Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Wednesday Thoughts

Can't get my brain to focus on one particular subject today so I am just going to blurt out thoughts.

Woke in the middle of the night and didn't get back to sleep for a while so that makes me groggy. Hubby fell asleep early last night and decided to get up at 3:30 and make noise.

Been watching events in Gaza this morning. The Israelis being evicted from their homes in the settlements makes me sad. I hope it will be a help in the peace process but I have no faith that it will. The other side has proven time and time again to not be people of their word.
My son's girlfriend told him to thank me for raising a sweet guy. That appreciation is gladly accepted but my first thought was "leave my baby alone, girly!"

The Minutemen are training here to do their border patrol. I have mixed feelings about them. I know they are trying to serve the country's best interests but I continue to be angry that our country can't (won't) get its borders under control. My city is feeling the effects of gangs made up of illegals toting AK 47's. Not cool.

I love C-Span. I am a happy geek while monitoring what the government is doing. Politics is my passion.

I am off to buy a new dictionary for the boy. He needs a French/English one for French II class.


Currently reading " In Her Shoes" by Jennifer Weiner. Good light summer read.

1 comment:

Phyllis S said...

Thanks for coming by. I'm of two minds about Mrs. Sheehan, myself.