Monday, August 29, 2005

Katrina

Hubby is hone and didn't get oysters at Black's on the way back from the oil rig Saturday night. It was too crowded so he went up to Rayne and had frog legs instead! Rayne is the Frog Capitol, you know.

I am on the verge of tears due to Katrina. Two of my sentimental favorites are not going to fare well. New Orleans will always be my favorite city and this is so tragic. Hubby proposed at Cafe du Monde all those years ago. We have both lived there in years past.

Biloxi is the city of my birth. Our home was on the Gulf, literally across the street from the Gulf of Mexico in Ocean Springs. I was born in Biloxi as Ocean Springs didn't have a hospital! It has grown to proportions I no longer recognize but it sure looks glum for the Mississippi coast.

Been glued to the tv since yesterday. The weather woman on Fox was all choked up during her forecast at one point. I was right there with her.

Pray.

1 comment:

Phyllis S said...

Another gulf coast gal. I knew there was something I liked about you.