Friday, August 19, 2005

TGIF

I am happy to have this week over with. Ready for a margarita tomorrow with my girlfriend and a good visit. What is better than connecting back with an old friend? She and I were best friends in elementary school in another state and both now live here. We connected again because of Classmates.com and it has been great to have a blast from the past! We love Saturday afternoon margaritas/lunch/visits.

I am blessed with friendships that bring women into my life that have a similar lifestyle as mine. With a husband in the oil biz our life is often unpredictable and schedules are always changing. Hubby is a constant traveler for work so more often than not I function as a single mom with our son. I have the best of both worlds - I can enjoy "me" time when hubby is traveling and then he comes home to us. We are not a typical 9 - 5 family and the day in and day out tediousness of that would send me over the edge after all of these years.

Bottoms up.

No comments: