Saturday, September 17, 2005

It's All About Me

The house is so quiet. Max the dog and I got up about an hour ago after going to bed quite early and enjoying the extra rest. Hubby and son are gone this weekend on the scouting adventure so I am indulging in lots of me time. Excellent.

Yesterday morning I was at the salon having my hair done. I now remember why it is that I am not a high maintenance gal. Three hours in the chair is too much time in the chair. Problem is that I love the results. I am into the whole highlighting thing now and I am really liking it. Anyhoo, as I was sitting under the dryer the stylist handed me a couple of magazines. One was Elle, which I never read. So I open it up and start flipping the pages in hopes of something interesting presenting itself. Lo and behold, a whole page dedicated to fun in New Orleans catches my eye. It was the September issue and the writer mentioned it was a visit to the city between Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest in March. The most poignant picture for me to see was the one of the front of the Columns Hotel. My husband and I used to love to stay there. We've taken the boy there, too. The Columns is located on St. Charles Avenue in the Garden District of the city and is more like a bed and breakfast than anything else. Old interior with large antique pieces of furniture in the rooms. Complimentary breakfast in the smallish dining room in the morning before you head out for your day. Take your complimentary copy of the Times-picayune and enjoy some freshly brewed chicory coffee and rolls to get yourself going. Thoughts of previous stays there filtered into my brain as talk of the uptown and Garden Districts of the city were mentioned on the news. The last of either of us to live in the city was my husband and he lived the freestyle life of a bachelor in the uptown part of town. Wonder how the old place held up. He was living there when we met 23 years ago.

Better get moving. Have to see if I can recreate the hairstyle like it was when I left the salon yesterday. Yeah, right. I never can but I do my best.

I am drinking Community Coffee - dark roast - this morning thinking about the Big Easy...

1 comment:

poopie said...

Ooooh..I do so wish I could afford to get my hair done! I'd like a nice weave. Maybe when I find me a Sugardaddy, he'll pay for it ;0