Tuesday, September 27, 2005

We're Getting There

Life as we know it is slowly getting back to normal. Our neighbors have all come home now and hubby is back to work today. School is back in session tomorrow. It is going to be 96 degrees temperature today. A little on the warm side for autumn, I'd say.

I am watching the circus that is the House hearing on FEMA director Michael Brown and questions about Katrina response. I do so love a good hearing on CSpan!

I am trying to fast forward my thought process to the Christmas school vacation. This year, like last year, my husband and son plan to go on the week long winter campout with the scouts. This is usually a day or two after Christmas day and lasts, I think, right about a week. Peachy. Usually we fly my mother-in-law down to spend a few days with us around Christmas. I stress the word few as that is about all that can be tolerated. She is tempermentally identical to my husband and those two are good in the same house for about 48 hours then it's katy bar the door. She is my son's only living grandparent though, so I do try to arrange visits so they can do the grandparent/grandchild stuff. Last year's visit was delayed as my mother had recently died - she lived with us during the last of her years - and then the schedule for scout camp. So now MIL has put a bug in my son's ear that grandma's looking forward to coming for Christmas this year. So here we go. I told my husband I will begin looking for good airline deals and bring her in two or three days before Christmas day and she can travel back the day after. Then they'll go to camp. Jeez. I do hope for a good deal, tho, so I can continue to hoard the bizillion frequent flyer miles my husband has accumulated thru work travels. Mawahhahaha. My son and I recently renewed our passports and we are itching for a good trip.

Tonight, one of my guilty pleasure tv shows kicks off the new season - Amazing Race. Two hours of pleasure for me to veg out on. This season they are doing a family thing, tho and I am not so keen on this idea. We'll see.

Laundry to do, teenager to drag out of bed...

2 comments:

YellowRose said...

I can't wait for "Amazing Race" tonight!! It's one of the best family shows on tv these days. Our whole family sits around and watches. It looks intersting this season with the family concept...could cause for some family drama, always good for viewing! Our family would love do this race!

Oh and good luck on the MIL visit! ;)

Sheri & SuZan said...

I love Amazing Race, I'm also not so sure about doing it as families.

My son is also in Scouts and should be completing his Eagle Scout project within the next couple of months. My guys won't go on the Winter Camps because hubby is a native Houstonian and it is "too darn cold" LOL. They did go to Packard High Adventure Camp this summer and guess what? They had snow ball fights!
SuZan