Saturday, September 17, 2005

Still All About Me

I have to say I am having an excellent day. Just me, Max, and the two cats. The dog and cats are not friends but even they are peaceful today.

I had a wonderful lunch at a local tea room with my best friend from our elementary school days. It is so cool that we have fallen back into each other's lives. In some aspects we have lived very similar lives. Husbands frequently gone for work, we each have only one child and both of us have a son. The boys are a year apart in age so we were both "older" moms! She lives just about 7 minutes away, which is the best part of all because it means we can go to places handy to both of us.

Once I was back home, I began tackling a mountain of laundry that has been screaming at me for two days. I swear, for such a small family, there are only 3 of us, we sure accumulate a lot of laundry quickly. Then I ordered a movie on iControl which I can watch over and over for 24 hours if I so choose. I ordered "The Upside of Anger" with Kevin Costner and Joan Allen and really enjoyed it a lot. The ending is a real twist. I have to watch chick flicks while the guys are away, you know.

I am now looking forward to watching a debate on C-Span later tonight. It is taped from earlier this week. The debate is between Christopher Hitchens and George Galloway. Did you doze off yet?! My geek stuff.

Life is good, y'all.

1 comment:

Karen Townsend said...

Yeah, they did have a good time, despite the heat and bugs! Boys will be boys. They are looking to something called the annual Pow Wow in October. yikes! Thanks for coming by, Laura.