So we have decided to not evacuate if the storm continues on its current path. It is projected to hit at Matagorda. Keeping a close eye on it and will listen to the local people at the press conference a little later this morning. I hate this feeling that will remain with us until it is all over, it is a mix of fear and being very antsy. Nervous energy. Picking up batteries, more water, and extra cash later. Filling up the gas tank in the car, just in case. Son was disappointed to hear he has school today! Districts south of us are out now until Monday, if all goes as planned. I told him by Friday he won't have to go!
Your good wishes are appreciated.