Monday, April 10, 2006

If It Was Any More Monday...

If it was any more Monday around here, I'd be a lump in the corner of the room. And it is not even noon. This is my second attempt of blogging today. I was finishing up with my last sentence and anticipating hitting the publish key and the computer froze. Wouldn't budge. Nothing. So, I had to re-boot and lost it all.

This morning after backtracking home to collect son's forgotten student id, we were in horrendous morning traffic. Stop light at a big intersection on the fritz, broken down car in the left lane, etc. The place was a parking lot. Son has meltdown thinking he would be late. Good times.

My guys hogged the computer all weekend so I was forced to concentrate on household chores. I prefer the distraction of the computer, if you don't mind. I spent an hour on the master bath and I must say it is organized and sparkly. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

A national Amber Alert was issued Friday afternoon and it concerns a 3 year old boy who was visiting his father at an apartment complex just a few blocks away from where I live. Helicopters circling in the sky all Friday afternoon and early evening. News crews everywhere. The police questioned the mother, who doesn't live with the father, and the father. The mother was cleared but not the father yet. He says he went upstairs to put in a load of laundry and the little boy vanished. He was in his pj bottoms watching tv when the father last saw him. I don't feel good about this story.

I enjoyed cooking this weekend. I made catfish on Friday, New York strip steaks on Saturday and a small standing rib roast Sunday night. My husband had tons of fish in Bolivia so he is craving Texas beef now. I aim to please.

One of my favorite sections in the Houston Chronicle, of which there are few, is the Sunday Travel section. They regularly feature hot spots not found by many tourists yet and this week they named the "Stans". That made me chuckle. My husband was in one of the Stans for almost 2 months, from December to thru January, and it was the coldest place he has ever been. The Stans are countries formerly of the Soviet Union and that is the ending of their new names. You have to be quite bored and really making a stretch on where you are willing to go for a good time.

I have a request of you, dear reader, and hope you will take the time to fulfill it for me. Go on over to Basil's Blog (www.basilsblog.net) and send in a question to be used in my interview. This is the last week for question submissions and the sky is the limit. Ask anything you want and it is anonymous. I won't know who asked what. It'll be fun. I promise.

And now I face the afternoon. Is it Friday yet?


"There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way." - Christopher Morley

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am right there with you. If it were any more Monday 'round here, it'd be Tuesday of next week.

Jennifer
Open Book

Me said...

Keep us up to date on that 3 year old story K? Since I don't live near you I might miss it - and I'm wondering what happened to the little guy!