Drum roll, please...
The Fool of the Week easily goes to Julian Bond, head of the NAACP.
At a meeting of the organization held in North Carolina, Julian Bond let loose with poisonous hate filled speech concerning his thoughts on the Republican party and President Bush's administration. So much for the claim that the organization is "non partisan".
Among the jewels of the speech:
* Bush's "lies" are more serious than the ones told by Clinton as Bush's lies kill people. Too bad he forgot to mention Clinton was presented with the opportunity to have Bin Laden handed over to him 3, count 'em, 3 different times and he declined each time. I think that killed about 3,000 of our own on our soil. Not to forget the other attacks on foreign soil during his administration.
* Bush's judicial nominations were likened to the Taliban.
* Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice are tokens.
* Republicans would fly the swatzika along with the American flag. It's a party of Nazis, you know.
* Referred to John Ashcroft, former Attorney General, as J. Edgar Ashcroft.
He's a peach, that Julian Bond. I lived in Atlanta when he was a member of the city council. Then he moved on to state government as a state senator. He seems incapable to make a speech without using hate-filled race baiting rhetoric.
The NAACP must relieve itself of this type of "leadership" to restore the reputation it once enjoyed with people of all colors.