Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Night in Orlando

With a mere 74 days left until the Iowa caucus, the Republicans held a presidential candidates debate tonight.

It was somewhat interesting. No new news. More of the same as the last one. I think Huckabee is stronger and moving up to be a surprise sleeper candidate. Thompson still looks old and slow. Ron Paul is still a loon and was booed by the audience. Romney looked a bit off tonight. He looked tired and he wasn't his usual super groomed self. His hair was messy, for goodness sake.

McCain had a good night. Rudy is still strong and confident. Why is Tom Tancredo still there? I like Duncan Hunter but, still, what's up?

Speaking about the museum to Woodstock and how he stopped the pork, $1 million, to build it as Hillary and Schumer wanted, McCain had his best line of the night: "I'm sure it was a cultural and pharmaceutical event. I was tied up at the time." I love it when he sounds like his earlier self.

McCain also had a chance to use a favorite line of his: "I would much rather lose a campaign than lose a war."

When Rudy was asked if he holds the same views towards some of the big policy issues, he replied: "You've gotta be kidding me." Lots of laughs there.

And, with the others poking fun at Hillary and her possible presidency, Huckabee said, "There is nothing funny about Hillary being President."

True enough.

3 comments:

Jolene said...

I didn't watch it but caught the rounds of posts and such afterward. I like Mike Huckabee ... and the more I see of Romney, the less I like him. He reminds me of another slick one we had for 8 years (shudder)

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

In way, Romney's almost "too presidentially perfect". (Maybe the hair slip up was intentional? Haha).

Some of his slip ups, I haven't liked- like his comment about his children serving their country by campaigning for him. It just came across badly.

McCain had his best line of the night: "I'm sure it was a cultural and pharmaceutical event. I was tied up at the time."

Loved that line.

Angevin13 said...

My observations exactly!