Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day

May you have:
A world of wishes at your command.
God and His angels close to hand.
Friends and family thheir love impart,
and Irish blessings in your heart!
-Irish Blessing

There isn't any Irish blood in my genetic makeup but I love all things Irish. My son loves Celtic folklore and symbols, too. I think today everyone can be Irish.

I am meeting a girlfriend for lunch later. I always love lunch and catching up. This girlfriend and I enjoy meeting at a little sandwich and soup place. Nothing fancy but the food is great. A place that people who have lived here forever know about.

I watched a briefing and question and answer session this morning on C-Span. It was conducted by the Pentagon. Lt. Gen Peter Chiarelli, Multinational Corps - Iraq Commander was answering questions from the press corp that covers the Pentagon in Washington. It was very interesting. To me, anyway. He says during the current big operation there, Swarmer it is being called, the Iraqi Army are really stepping up and doing the largest part of the work. That is good news. He said it is still not civil war there. The leadership of the different factions there have stepped up and lead their people to come together against insurgents, not fall into the abyss of civil war. That's good news. He said by late summer, 75% of the country should be under Iraqi control, up from less than 50% now. That's good news.

Try as they did, the media folks couldn't get this Lt. General to be pessimistic. He says on the ground the Iraqi people are more and more optimistic and getting the job done.

That's good news.

I'm off to find a green shirt to wear for lunch. I think I'll wear my green glass beads from a long ago Mardi Gras necklace that are now a drop style pair of earrings. I'm into it today.

"May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. The rain falls soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand." - Irish Blessing

No comments: