Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Tuesday Talk

Son is home today with a spring allergy cold and sore throat. Taking him to see the doctor this afternoon.

RIP Dana Reeve. She was a strong and brave woman. She stayed by the side of Christopher after the tragic riding accident and they started a foundation to help others. Then after his passing, her mother died, and now last night she lost her battle with lung cancer. So tragic, especially for their young son. I believe he is only 14 or 15 years old.

Yukky Geography teacher - the term used loosely - from Colorado, Jay Bennish, I see is on the media tour, complete with a makeover. Talking to Matt Lauer on the Today Show this morning. Of course Lauer takes out his hostility on the student who taped the class. And the nerve of his father to take it to a conservative talk radio show in their town. It's those conservatives, I'll tell you. Inappropriate teachers below the college level have nothing to do with it, you know.

Military recruiters must be allowed on college campus again after the Supreme Court's ruling yesterday. Forfeit federal dollars if they don't. I guess the whole freedom of speech thing is for everyone, after all.

I've purchased tickets for the Saturday night performance of "To Kill A Mockingbird" at the local playhouse. Looking forward to it. I will be in the company of my two guys. Sunday they plan to leave on a guys road trip. Spring Break for son is next week so him and dad are driving up to Indiana to visit Grandma. Male bonding and all that on the road together. I'll be here with the dog and cats. And my books. And the remote control all to myself. And the computer all to myself. Sweet.

"Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it." - Margaret Thatcher

2 comments:

srp said...

Very sad about Dana Reeve, her son is 13 I think.

It is bad enough that the professors in college try to stuff their beliefs down our kids throats when we are paying them to do it. Now, the high school teachers? And then trying to blame the kid? Government has nothing to do with Georgraphy. I hope they fire his behind and never let the jerk back in.

Me said...

... A Spring allergy cold could cause nasal dripping, and therefore a sore throat.

;)