Thursday, August 18, 2005

Evolution

My son said yesterday that he thought he would really like his Biology teacher this year. She said during class that she did not hold the idea of intelligent design with any validity and this pleases my son greatly. My son has his father's science genes and hopes to do something in the science field when he is out of school and in the career world. Anything other than evolution is a mockery of science to him.

I have to say I am breathing a sigh of relief with the teacher's opinion. I know everyone has a right to religious thought in everyday life but that is not the point here. Today's students need a firm education in science, and in math too, and our country really needs to encourage this area of education. We continue to fall behind of other countries in educating our children. This is a sin, as far as I am concerned. My son attends a public high school after all years leading up to high school being spent in a small private school thru the Episcopalian church.

That's me on my soapbox today.

No comments: