Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Scarecrow and Me

I have that song from Wizard of Oz going in my head this morning. If I only had a brain...

Houston got a lot of rain in some places yesterday. We have lived here for 8 years now and it still amazes me that part of the city can be drenched and another part stays dry. Our part yesterday got a little but not very much. Suppose to rain again today so I am getting out this morning before it starts to get my errands done. Hubby is back to the office and son is asleep.

Son and hubby saw the new X-Men movie Saturday. They like that stuff.

I see the group of singers known as Il Divo has a new cd out. I love them. If you haven't checked them out, I highly recommend it. They are 4 young men, very easy on the eyes, from 4 different countries. One from the USA, one from Italy, one from Spain and one from Switzerland. They sing standard pop songs with an operaic bent to them. They move me to tears, the sound is so beautiful from these young men. It is perfect background music when you are having a little quiet time.

I have to finish the Da Vinci Code before I go to the movie. That is the word from my son. It's a bit of payback from him, I think. I wouldn't let him see any of the Tolkien "Ring" movies until the books were finished! I just need to focus and get it done.

My guys may or may not be going to summer scout camp after all. The high adventure experience in west Texas has been cancelled due to not enough adults being able to go so the troop is going to the same camp in East Texas they have gone to for 3 summers. Son doesn't really need any of the merit badges offered there and is pretty bored with the place. Also hubby will more than likely be out on assignment by then so they'll probably sit this one out. That's too bad. Son needs to focus on developing an Eagle Scout project this summer and finishing up whatever badge work he needs.

Enough babbling for now. I need more coffee.

"The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work." - Richard Bach

4 comments:

Sheri & SuZan said...

I still have to read the book before I see the movie too. My mom made that a requirement to make me read. I've also done the same with G2.

We didn't get much rain either.

Me said...

BabyGirl saw Xmen yesterday too. She said it was good. Coffeekid went to Mission Impossible. Said it was good too.

Me? I don't like either and will probably never see them. I like it that way. LOL.

Jennifer said...

I don't think I'll see the movie. Reviews have scared me off. The book was just a joy ride - day and a half adventure. When I hear people struggling to get through it, I want to say: just put it down. If it doesn't grab you from the getgo, odds aren't good.

That's a shame about the Scout trip. :-(

srp said...

From your post I was thinking "Scarecrow and Mrs. King". But then yesterday (actually day before yesterday now) was a blur and Wednesday (there that is easier to do) was the same.