Tuesday, June 15, 2010

N.C. Representative Etheridge Goes Thug

Rep. Etheridge of North Carolina has been recorded attacking a college student. The video is getting much attention and this attention has forced an apology from the congressman. There is no indication that he would have issued the apology had the video not gone viral on the Internet. The telltale sign is his beginning - that he has seen the video reported on blogs and viewed it on the Internet.

Let's go to the video:



Here's the apology:

"I have seen the video posted on several blogs. I deeply and profoundly regret my reaction and I apologize to all involved," Etheridge said in a prepared statement.

"Throughout my many years of service to the people of North Carolina, I have always tried to treat people from all viewpoints with respect," he said. "No matter how intrusive and partisan our politics can become, this does not justify a poor response. I have and I will always work to promote a civil public discourse."


In other words, he's sorry he was caught on video as he arrogantly manhandled a college student who dared to inquire if the Democratic congressman supported the agenda of the Democratic president. Instead of talking to the kid, he grabs him and asks him "who are you?" You know, how dare you ask me a question right here on the street. The congressman was reported to have been leaving a fundraiser featuring Speaker of the House Pelosi.

There is an alternative to re-electing Etheridge to Congress. Her name is Renee Ellmers. Do you live in this North Carolina district? If so, I would take a look at Renee Ellmers. She's a nurse and her husband is a doctor. They do not support Obamacare. She is against the government bailout mentality of the Democrats in Congress. She supports offshore oil drilling. On and on with solid conservative policy opinions.

I don't think a video will appear with Ellmers grabbing a college student and attempting a choke hold. Just sayin'.







No comments: