Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sunday Gameplan

Sipping coffee and deciding when to pop the cinnamon rolls into the oven. There is a bit of a chill in the air and they will be a fine treat.

Happy Birthday Statue of Liberty. She is 120 years old.

My bloodwork is back and my thyroid medication will be increased a bit. I need more protein, too, so my doctor recommended more beans/lentils and fish. No problem. She is Hindu, being Indian, so it's no surprise she didn't recommend other protein sources like chicken or red meat.

I got my flu shot and then took son yesterday morning for his. That's that.

Hubby called last night. The time difference is 13 hours so he is beginning his day as I am winding down. He is working in a river valley surrounded by mountains so it is quite foggy. The area is not polluted like Beijing, though. He is about 150 miles from where the Terra Cotta warriors were found.

CNN conducted a poll in the last few days and according to the results, most Americans don't believe the Bush administration has gone too far in restricting civil liberties in pursuit of the war on terror. Interesting. If CNN is saying that, the number is much higher, I would think. And I sure haven't seen that poll result published in anything other than their site online. No surprise.

Did you see Lynne Cheney's smackdown of Wolf Blitzer, speaking of CNN? I didn't, but I did see a few clips. Good for her. She was there to promote her new children's book and Wolfie wanted to goad her about politics. He should have known better. She used to be a commentator on the network and she is an accomplished author in her own rite. In a war of wits, she wins hands down.

Our son has a Best Buy giftcard burning a hole in his wallet so that is where we are heading out to this afternoon. Yesterday we had a good visit to a local bookstore. He enjoys that almost as much as me.

I enjoyed my extra hour of sleep this morning, thanks to the time change.

"There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus

2 comments:

Me said...

Hey - my son found a Best Buy gift card on his floor a few weeks ago. I asked him about it (he left it there and I saw it and picked it up) and he told me I could have since he figured it was just an old one and didn't know if there was anything still on it.

Well, about an hour ago I came online and checked the balance... I just made myself $20.79 !!!! Nope - I'm not telling him! LOL.

srp said...

I really don't like the time change in the fall. It gets dark soon enough and now by 5pm it will be so. The days seem too short.