Monday, November 13, 2006

Coming and Going

So, here I am blogging from my very own, brand new notebook computer. It is the first one that is all mine and mine alone. I have always shared the main, big and powerful, desktop computer with the printer and all right there. So, this feels really wierd but I think I can get used to it! My husband surprised me with it yesterday afternoon. After freaking out that he just went out and spent the money without saying anything to me, who pays the bills, then I settled down and am getting used to it.

I don't do surprises well.

I always feel guilty, like the money should be spent on our son, who will be heading off to college in 1 1/2 short years, or something like that. My husband can spend money with merry abandonment and that is just the difference in our natures.

Tomorrow is another day.

Today my husband left for Equatorial Guinea. He was home a whopping 4 days this time, and 2 of those were spent with him sick in bed. As I type, he is winging it to Paris, which he abhors, then a 2 hour layover and then to Africa. Not too bad for his travels. He was in Equatorial Guinea once before, about 5 or so years ago.

I hope he is finished in a relatively short time and home for Thanksgiving. We don't have anything special planned but I am thinking this year we may eat out. I may just make reservations. It would be a first for us. I always cook and I have already begun stocking the pantry for this year's feast but with just the three of us, I just may suggest we go out. If it is just our son and me, we will definately go out.

Ah, life.

I would like to give a shout out to the Westside Wolves - the District 25-A champs! They were undefeated in the District playoffs and were 9-1 for the seasons.

Go Wolves.

My son doesn't play, but, hey, I'm a southern girl. Football is embedded in my soul.

So, who's sick of Madonna? Elton John? Brad Pitt? I'm starting "Shut up and Sing" by Laura Ingraham tonight.

And now I am going to look at the really cool aquarium screen saver my husband put on this thing.

2 comments:

srp said...

You aren't going to tell us what kind of computer he got?

In one and a half years your son will head off to college. In one and a half years, my daughter will graduate from college and head to graduate school. Time flies.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, neat present and something you would resist buying for yourself so one of the best kind of presents. You will put it to good use.

I don't like to spend money on myself either, although I'm quite free with husband and daughter.

Gosh Equatorial Guinea sounds humid. I hope he's home with you all for Thanksgiving too.

I'm unbelievably sick of hearing anything of, from and about Madonna, Elton, Angelina, tom/Katie, Brittany, ad super-naseum. Laura's book should be retitled, just Shut Up. My list of never-listens grows.