Monday, September 19, 2005

Mercy, It's Monday!

OK, I guess I am ready to start a new week now. Hubby and son survived the Order of the Arrow weekend and son came home with bug bites all over his face and arms. Someone forgot to pack the bug spray. He thought he should stay home this morning from school because of the bites all over his face but I thought otherwise! I am a mean mom, I know. He had a French quiz today.

So, I have been hearing all sorts of stories of the misuse of FEMA and Red Cross cards around town and other spots in the country. My favorite story involved a husband/father who left the family in the car and visited a "gentlemens" club for over an hour with the Red Cross picking up the tab. Gotta love the decision making process there, don't ya? I guess he missed the Bill Cosby speech about starting a new life accepting personal responsibility for your decisions. As long as no one demands it, there will always be some who live off everyone else and feel perfectly entitled to do so.

On a more productive note, today I am going to enjoy visiting with a friend and talking about an upcoming fundraising dinner for a scholarship in the name of her son. Her son was killed last January in a skiing accident in Breckinridge, Colorado. He was a former classmate of my son's and so he was only 15 years old, and like my son, an only child. So unthinkable. I will tell you this, every single time I start to bitch about having to do some mom thing, I now stop and remember how blessed I am.



1 comment:

Sheri & SuZan said...

My son is an only child also. I can't imagine life without him. I'll have to think about your post when I do my own 'bitching' about all of his activities. Thank you, it puts it all in perspective.

SuZan