Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sunday and Sunny

I cannot believe the weather today here after Hurricane Rita. It is beautiful, though way too hot. Today it will reach 96 degrees. The day before Rita, it was 100! Wears me out just thinking about the heat.

We never did lose our electrical power here in our section of the city, thank goodness. After we survived Hurricane Andrew in Louisiana, we were without power for 7 days and that experience will make you appreciate the simple pleasures of life anew. So, as I cooked a hot lunch for my guys and ran the dishwasher and did some laundry, I was constantly reminded of fellow Gulf coasters who were not so fortunate.

There will be no school until Wednesday here so my son truly gets a vacation from his studies. The Mayor again asked business owners and leaders to not demand their people to be back Monday. He did encourage, however, the service people we all depend on to try to get back to work as soon as possible. Public Works people, grocery stores, banks, gas stations, all those people who make our lives livable.

Today is Sunday. It's a good day to stop and count our blessings.

No comments: