Saturday, June 24, 2006

Crumble's in the Oven, Let's Chat

This is a lovely, quiet Saturday around here at chez moi. I am taking full advantage of it, too. Enjoyed the Hawaiian blend coffee this morning after sleeping in a bit. I am up at least twice a night any more so it seems normal. Hubby was up at 4:00 and stayed up. He had to go have a little nap a bit ago! He's busy with the swimming pool today. It's always something.

The other day I was in a grocery store I really like but rarely patronize. It's a little pricey for ordinary shopping. You don't want to stock up for the week there, if you know what I mean, and I think you do. Anyway, being a beacon of yuppiedom, it is a fun trip and I love to see what's new. They had a big display out featuring products of The Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten. I love her show on the Food Network. She and I share the same attitude, make good food but don't get all stressed out doing it. I purchased her Berry Cherry Filling and her Oatmeal Spice Crumble Topping. It's in the oven now. I'll let you know how it turns out.

My husband is watching Star Trek, as he does at every possible time. It seems to be on 24 hours a day. It's the original series he watched as a teenager. I do love my nerd husband, I think nerds make great husbands. I told my son when he goes to choose a life partner, he should go for intelligence. Yeah, he loves my advice!

Well, the media is asked not to call the Miami 7 terror suspects "Muslims". The Council on American-Islamic Relations, CAIR, the group founded by HAMAS, is especially pleased with the U.S. Dept of Justice refusing to describe the terrorists as Muslims. CAIR spokesman Ahmed Bedier thanked Alex Acosta, U.S. Attorney, for noting "today's indictment...is not against a particular group or a particlular faith." O.K. So, don't call 7 young men professing conversion to Islam "Muslims". This is as irritating as the local news reports that no longer refer to criminal suspects as black or white or green or purple. How stupid is it to describe someone being hunted by police without describing skin color?

Today the theme by those not particularly interested in keeping the country safe is that these men weren't smart enough to pull off the incident they claimed interest in doing. They claimed they wanted to do something more spectacular than 9/ll and chose the Sears Tower and a federal building in Miami as examples. They claimed loyality to al-Queda to the FBI plant and were trying to obtain weapons and the chemicals used in the Oklahoma City bombing. What should have happened? Just let them continue on and arrest them after they killed? Being pro-active seems the better choice to me. We are to believe our country overstepped. Blame America.

This crowd continues to show the rest of the country why they are not to be trusted with the nation's security.

Taking the crumble out of the oven now...

3 comments:

srp said...

I am for calling a spade a spade.

Me said...

I'm enjoying french roast on a Sunday morning...

Smiling at your little vent about the 'white black' thing as it's something I balk at regularly. "A 6 foot man with dark hair and a blue jacket is wanted in the car jacking. They are asking for the publics help. If you see this man, call the police at 444-5555."

Hmmmm... ya think they'll get a lot of public help on THAT ONE?

Jennifer said...

Married to a scientist myself. Agreed. Nerds are fabulous mating material. :-)

I love Ina, too. She's just so...real. Even if she does have a million dollar kitchen to prepare her "simple" dishes in!