Saturday, December 03, 2005

Sunny Saturday

I am happy to tell you that the large, ugly inflatable Eagle's fan is now gone from the yard across the street. Nothing says Merry Christmas like an ugly inflatable Eagle's fan.

My air conditioning is running today. For the past two weeks, the tv weather guesser has been saying a cold front is coming through. Still waiting. Son and I were in two different places today with Starbucks in them and it was too hot to think about indulging in the seasonal peppermint mocha. Disgusting. It was a pretty day, just too dang hot for December.

This morning I slept late and that threw me off all day. I was up past my bedtime last night and then needed extra sleep this morning. Some nights I am putzing around and the next thing I know it is 1:00 A.M. and I have to hit the hay.

Hubby got his Christmas/Birthday present early as he will be missing Christmas here this year. It's some fancy pants GPS thingy that he ordered for himself to get the one he wanted. So, since it is pricey it became a dual Christmas/Birthday gift. His birthday is January 8 so it's a twofer. He was up bright and early to play with it. Boys and their toys. This one is like the third one he has had, they just keep getting more expensive with more bells and whistles.

Tonight another one of those alleged cold fronts is suppose to move in. I'm waiting.

4 comments:

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

You didn't take a picture of the thing in the yard for us!?!? We wanted to see!

I'm sure I missed something as to why your hubby won't be home for Christmas... this new job is killing my blogging time. But I am sorry to hear that he won't be.

I'll try to catch up better in the future.

poopie said...

Whew..glad that Eagle is gone! Now if you can just get a decent cold front, you'll be ready for Santa ;)

Mahala said...

They keep saying it'll get colder here, but I got up this morning and debated turning the ac on. I'm blaming the weather for my lack of Christmas spirit.

srp said...

It was cold yesterday. Today is now 65. They say tomorrow's high will only be 40 but I don't know. Nyssa is convinced it will snow tomorrow night in Williamsburg.
No picture of the eagle? Sad.