Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Wet Wednesday

Today is warm, wet and humid. Yuk. I am striving for a positive attitude nonetheless.

Last night I met an old friend, the one from my elementary school days in Louisiana, for a bite and visit after she finished her work day. We met at a Tex-Mex restaurant and enjoyed a Margarita together as we caught up on each others' lives. Then we split a large order of quesidillas and guacomole salad. Tasty.

I am concerned for my friend as she has some unverifiable, at this time, worries of her husband's current journey back into Iraq. He is non-military and that is all I will say for now. I don't want to acknowledge the potential concerns any further than we have to for now. If you are inclined to pray, it would be appreciated if he was added to your list of people you are praying for at this time.

Got home in time to catch the last hour of the two hour grand finale of the Amazing Race. I still love the show even though I never could get excited about this season's format with the families. Next race begins in February. I'll be waiting.

This from an Iraqi voter yesterday, in Michigan, I believe:
"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what America has done, and President Bush, let them go to hell!". - Betty Dawisha

Go, Betty.

1 comment:

srp said...

We'll be thinking about your friend. And sending prayers her way.