Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween, Y'all!

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will not rain this evening until after the kids get to trick or treat. I remember when my son was little and it would rain. No fun. I am busy packing treat bags for the handing out tonight. I get those little paper bags and put in a couple of pieces of candy into them. Otherwise, the bowl of candy would disappear in no time as son and hubby are prone to giving out big handfuls at a time! I want it to last so everyone gets some and we don't run out early!

The trip to the bookstore was fun Friday afternoon with son. He purchased a big book of Mad magazine comic strips and a copy of Inferno. I bought a paperback of the latest Diane Mott Davidson book. I love her series. I didn't realize the new one was out in paperback now. The main character is a caterer who ends up solving murder mysteries at the events she caters. She also includes recipes for the food she prepares for the events. It is fun and I really enjoy the escape her series of books have been for me.

Yesterday afternoon we went to watch son's acting class performance. It was to be today, but then the teacher realized it is Halloween tonight! She's a trip. We love her. Anyway, son was great, as we always think he is, naturally. They did a drama in the format of theatre in the round. One of his old friends was able to come so that was great. Son had been to his high school play a couple of weeks ago. I love that they support each other. They've been best pals since 4th grade. Then afterwards we went out for TexMex for dinner. Eating my fill of freshly made at tableside guacomole is always a welcome treat!

I'm going to have to fix more coffee. I am not quite 100% yet. Monday. New flavor of coffee creamer - peppermint mocha. Yummy, I suppose for the upcoming holidays. Yesterday on the way to the playhouse we noticed all the holiday decorations are up in the area. Earlier and earlier every year. Bah humbug! Why can't we enjoy each holiday before we over run it with Christmas? Soon it'll overtake the 4th of July!

Y'all dress up and have fun tonight!

1 comment:

srp said...

Christmas at my grandmother's meant some decorations upstairs but no tree. Always a note from Santa, by the fireplace saying he left things in the basement. Her basement was finished with a big room and a separate small room. Here she kept the tree...it never came down, she just locked the door. The silver metal tree with green and red glass balls and the rotating color light shining on it. Very '60's.