Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Tuesday, No Tirades

The Astros lost the game last night so they will go to St. Louis today to play tomorrow night. They have to win one of the two remaining games to close the deal. It would have been so great for them to have finished it off last night in their home arena. Former President Bush and Barbara were on their feet cheering last night when it looked as if we would win. Oh well, it just wasn't meant to be.

My butt is dragging this morning. Hubby caught a late boat last night and got into Galveston about 2:00 this morning. From there he had to catch a cab to take him to the other side of the island to his car. He got in about 4 this morning. Yuk. Not much sleep at all, knowing he would be in, then him calling during the night. Max the dog and I are not very zippy right now!

Seem to be a few holes in Ronnie Earle's case against Tom DeLay. I'm just saying...

3 comments:

Sheri & SuZan said...

Oh I know what you mean...their loss was so heart breaking last night. Today was so difficult staying awake as I had to go to an all day seminar on "evidence based practice"; the room was freezing not to mention that I'm not used to sitting down all day, I think it will be an early night for this little therapist (have to get energy levels up again for the game Wednesday).

srp said...

I am not much of a baseball fan, I know that is tantamount to being a heathen but so be it. It does seem to me that we could dispense with most of the prolonged season and just play the playoffs. These seem to be the most exciting games.

My condolences to the Astros. I really thought they had it and then the little pitcher just tried to get a little too forceful and messed up. I am cheering for them though. I think it would be nice having two teams that haven't been to the World Series in "forever" to get there for once.

I must say, however, that the White Sox pitching was unbelievably good.

Good luck to your team.

AC said...

As a die-hard Braves fan, I am rooting for the Astros too. I fell asleep believing they won right after Berkman's homer and woke up still believing. I almost cried when I read the sports page!

I don't think the season is too long...its the off season that drags!!!