Friday, November 04, 2005

Ahhh, Friday

Finally, we are at the end of the week. I've been to the grocery store and purchased stuff for the weekend. Making baked pasta with fresh mozzarella and Parmesan reggiano then chili tomorrow. Those will stretch through out hungry times.

I think Jimmy Carter needs to sit down and shut up. He was a failed President, a failed governor of Georgia before that (I lived in Atlanta during that time) and now thinks he is worthy of being listened to as a sage former world leader. Yuk. I remember gas lines, sky high mortgage rates, Iran hostages, ushering in the Ayatollah Khomeni while betraying the Shah of Iran, and on and on. He may be a good man as far as his work with Habitat for Humanity goes, but as a political leader? NO! He continues to make himself look like a fool and shows no long term vision for anything.

My new blog design is looking good, gentle readers. I am stoked! That Lisa at Design a Blog is doing good work.

My son has been a Pez dispenser collector for most of his life. Nothing organized or anything like that, just ones that he likes or are seasonal or timely. Holiday ones and ones like Star Wars or Peanuts characters. Have you seen the giant ones out lately? I bought him one with an Astros helmet as the decoration at the top. Now I purchased a Chewbacca for his Christmas stocking! Too funny. Giant Chewy head. Chewy is a fave character. He loves to make the noise and has a friend who does a spot on impression of it. Boys.

Happy Friday, all!

2 comments:

srp said...

Love the purple. Love the penguins. My brother collects penguins.
Do you want to be listed as Purple Penguin or Pondering Penguin on the blogrolls.

Sounds like Houstonians need to be careful and on the lookout for the escaped double murderer who simply walked out of the courthouse after being sentenced to death by the judge. Ya'll stay safe.

Karen Townsend said...

Yeah, he was scheduled for the death sentence when he escaped.

I prefer Pondering Penguin.

Thanks for the kind words.