Monday, November 07, 2005

Say What?

It is the theatre of the absurd, again. Many on Capitol Hill now think the ticket back into power is to accuse the president of lying about the intelligence reports leading up to the war in Iraq. The very same democrats who voted for the war resolution and agreed in long, flowing speeches on the floor of the Senate, mind you. Especially spotlight whores like Chuckie Shumer. The same Chuckie Shumer who was recently caught in the not widely publized (surprise!) trick of exposing the credit history and records of the black lt. governor in Maryland running for the Senate, a Republican. Think of the gnashing of teeth and fainting on the senate floor if that had been a republican trick in the campaign. The special prosecutor, Fitzgerald, specifically said at his press conference that his indictment of Scooter Libby meant nothing one way or the other about the lead up to the war in Iraq. I guess that was not to be believed but the charges against Libby are to be believed. Easy to pick and choose your reality, I guess. If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

France is burning. They are on day 13 at this point and no let up in sight. Chirac, man of steel that he is, has hidden out through out the whole thing up until yesterday when he issued a tepid at best reply that this behavior will not be tolerated. The man's a rock, I'll tell ya.

Finally the sociopath that escaped from the jail here on the way back to death row was captured in Shreveport, LA. End of the road trip for him. He was drunk and using a pay phone when he was spotted.

Tomorrow is voting day in our little part of the world. If it is for you, make plans to do so. Put it on your calendar. Excercise your duty as a citizen of this free country and vote. Many have died so you can do so.

2 comments:

Marybeth said...

I don't know why but I had a feeling that jail bird was coming to Louisiana. I actually got up from my sick bed Friday to make sure all the doors were locked...and I had my guard dogs right there with me.

Oh, and I thought about you Friday...I kept trying to watch C-SPAN...and finally gave up to watch Martha Stewart for the umpteenth time. I thought out loud...man, how does PP watch this stuff? (And I really am a news nut!) I think I'll just let you watch C-SPAN and let you tell me about it! I'll stick to FOX, CNN, and NBC!

srp said...

I try not to watch the news much any more, except a bit from FOX. All others are so biased it's pathetic. Mom is an addict to it so she keeps me informed.

Glad that they caught the guy.

We have elections here tomorrow, new governor. It is a tight race. Mom said they usually pop popcorn and watch the returns. That seems as exciting as watching the sap run from tapped maples. I had to tell her again that popcorn was corn and while they can make a lot of low carb things, corn is corn and not on her list of accepted foods.