Monday, November 14, 2005

A Movie and Dinner, Too

Yesterday afternoon we had a rare occurance as of late. A family outing and all three of us were in agreement of what it would be! We saw the movie "Jarhead" and then we had a bite at Red Robin. It was good for us to all be out together after it feels like it has been too long. We all enjoyed the movie. It's is definately a Hollywood version of the military but it's what I was expecting. Jamie Foxx was excellent.

Kathleen Babineaux Blanco, Gov of Louisiana, has been named one of the worst governors in the country. Ya think?

If you are interested in an intellectually honest article on the "lies" of the pre-war run up in Iraq, you may want to read an excellent article written by Norman Podhoretz in the Wall Street Journal. I have printed it out after scanning it so I can be more thorough and it is 9 computer printed pages. He has a great mind.

I am known for jumping in with both feet when I do something, so I have volunteered to participate in the project of interviewing bloggers at Basil's Blog. I am to be added to the list and encourage you, gentle reader, to email in a question for him to ask me! I'm curious to find out what happens!

Next week is Thanksgiving break. All week. I'll be loving the break from routine. I don't remember getting a whole week from school during my school days, though. Just the Friday after.

I wore my contact lens yesterday for the movie, thinking my sinus difficulties were improved enough for me to do so. Wrong. Today my eyes and very red and irritated again. Nuts. I am so aggrevated to have contact lens and not be able to wear them right now. Back on the Claritin.

Wizard of Oz on TBS over the weekend, colorized. Disturbing.

Santa ordered the boy's big Christmas present over the weekend. He's getting the new XBox 360 that he was been drooling over. I hope the supplies hold and he gets it in time for the holiday and can enjoy it during the school break. He picked it out, of course, as I am completely ignorant of all things video. Although, I am thinking I need one of those new, slim IPod's. I can't keep up with all the stuff coming out and what's hot, what's not. That's my teenager's job. And my engineer husband's job, too!

Laundry calls.

2 comments:

srp said...

My girl will be in Texas for Thanksgiving. Dallas, Fort Worth, maybe Graham. She goes to see her dad and his family.

It's strange about the whole week. In Mississippi they got the Wednesday before off and I always thought that was strange. It seems the kids get so much more time off now with half days for teacher's meetings and such. Last week the kids here in Virginia Beach had the 9th through the 11th off. I don't remember getting Veteran's day off as a kid.

AC said...

I read that article by Norman Podhoretz too and found it very good. It needed careful reading and sticks a perfect landing.