Thursday, November 03, 2005

Day Three

Yes, day three with pitiful husband at home. Tomorrow, for the good of our 22 year marriage, he had best go off to work!

I am sooooo excited! Lisa, from Design a Blog, is working on my new blog format. Yea! I have been wanting a "real" looking one since I started and I am hopeless about the whole thing. I saw a working design last night and I am gonna love it when it's all done. Plus, I'll have a blogroll and can return the favor of those who have graciously included me in theirs.

I started the first load of laundry at 5:30 this morning and I am still not finished with what I wanted to wash today. Jeez. We are only a family of three.

I saw a few chunks of the Rosa Parks extravaganza yesterday on C-Span. I can't help but think the poor woman would have been so embarrassed by the whole thing. She lived as a humble woman in Detroit the last of her years without the publicity machines of do-gooders of today. She was a true patriot. Just doing her civil disobedience because it was the right thing to do, not for a book deal or movie deal or talk show glory. All the usual suspects were parading out to spew - the Clintons, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan, Pelosi, etc. Turned into a political rally aided and abetted by the clergy there. Just like what happened to Paul Wellstone's in Minnesota a few years back. So disgusting. Is that how Rosa Park's would have wanted to be honored? Even spewing forth about Alito and the Supreme Court nominations at her "funeral"? And how do people like the Clintons feel about appearing with slime like Farrakhan who truly believe the white man has no reason to exist? I guess the level of ego and desire to remain in the spotlight overcome all that.

Prince Charles and Camilla are doing the U.S. tour. Does anyone really care?



1 comment:

srp said...

No, (to the royal tour)
Never liked Charles, don't like Camilla. Probably because my ex cheated on me.